Berea Community and Local Activities
The city of Berea Ohio was found back in the 1800s, where it was a quarry town. John Baldwin invented a lathe that cut sandstone in to grindstones. The Berea stones became world famous for sharping tools and more. Berea's quarries are long gone and are filled in with water for great recreation. The town is home to the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, the Cleveland Brown's practice facility and home to Baldwin Wallace College. There are year round events at Coe Lake and fantastic local shops and restaurants. The city is surounded by its own parks and reservations as well as the Cleveland Metro Parks Big Greek Reservatiopn and Mill Stream Run Reservation.
Local Attractions and Businesses:
- City of Berea website - website - http://www.cityofberea.org/
- Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds events, website - http://www.cuyfair.com/fairgrounds
- Movie: Regal Cinemas, website - http://www.regmovies.com
- Groceries: Giant Eagle in Downtown Berea, Marc's and Walmart.
- Fast Food: Panera Bread, Duncin Doughnuts, McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Romeo's Pizza, Arbys, Dairy Queen, Chipotle
- Local Restaurants: Tony K's, Cornerstone Brewery, Fat Head's Brewery, Brew Garden, Maya, Aladdin's Eatery, The Campus Grill, The Treehuggers Cafe
- Chain Restaurants: The Olive Garden, Max and Ermas, 5 Guys Burgers, Bob Evans, Perkins, Pizza Hut
- Parks: Coe Lake Park, Lake to Lake Trail, Baldwin Lake, Wallace Lake, Metro Park Big Creek Parkway, and Metro Park Mill Stream Run Reservation (website http://www.clevelandmetroparks.com).
- Coffee Shops: Perk Cup Cafe, Cafe Ah Roma, Panera Bread, Duncin Doughnuts, Starbucks Coffee
- Coffee Roasters: Red Cedar Coffee Company - website - www.redcedarcoffee.com/
- Banks: PNC, Key Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington and US Bank
- Hospital: Southwest General Hospital and Emergency Room - website - www.swgeneral.com
Coe Lake Park
Coe Lake has year round activities and is a great place to enjoy the outdoors, hear live music, swim, play, hike and fish. There are community movie nights on the big screen and areas for outdoor cookouts. There are hiking trails, nature trails an benches to sit and watch nature in all of its glory!
The park has been renovated over the past fiew years. The pavilions is new, the playground has new fixtures, the walkways, the hiking trails, the swimming pool and more.
The city of Berea has small town charm with access to great food, shops and amenities found in large cities. You are minutes from the Cleveland Hopkins International airport, the I-X Center and have easy access to downtown Cleveland