Berea Community and Local Activities
The city of Berea Ohio was found back in the 1800s, where it was a quarry town. John Baldwin invented a lathe that cut sandstone in to grindstones. The Berea stones became world famous for sharping tools and more. Berea's quarries are long gone and are filled in with water for great recreation. The town is home to the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, the Cleveland Brown's practice facility and home to Baldwin Wallace College. There are year round events at Coe Lake and fantastic local shops and restaurants. The city is surounded by its own parks and reservations as well as the Cleveland Metro Parks Big Greek Reservatiopn and Mill Stream Run Reservation.
Local Attractions and Businesses:
- City of Berea website - website - http://www.cityofberea.org/
- Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds events, website - http://www.cuyfair.com/fairgrounds
- Movie: Regal Cinemas, website - http://www.regmovies.com
- Groceries: Giant Eagle in Downtown Berea, Marc's and Walmart.
- Fast Food: Panera Bread, Duncan Doughnuts, McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Romeo's Pizza, Arbys, Dairy Queen, Chipotle
- Local Restaurants: Tony K's, Cornerstone Brewery, Maya, The Campus Grill, The Treehuggers Cafe
- Chain Restaurants: The Olive Garden, Max and Ermas, 5 Guys Burgers, Damon's, Pizza Hut
- Parks: Coe Lake Park, Lake to Lake Trail, baldwin Lake, Wallace Lake, Metro Park Big Creek Parkway, and Metro Park Mill Stream Run Reservation (website http://www.clevelandmetroparks.com).
- Coffee Shops: Perk Cup Cafe, Panera Bread, Duncan Doughnuts, Starbucks Coffee
- Coffee Roasters: Red Cedar Coffee Company - website - www.redcedarcoffee.com/
- Banks: PNC, Key Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington and US Bank
- Hospital: Southwest General Hospital and Emergency Room - website - www.swgeneral.com
The city of Berea has small town charm with access to great food, shops and amenities found in large cities. You are minutes from the Cleveland Hopkins International airport, the I-X Center and have easy access to downtown Cleveland